Teleflex Incorporated is a global provider of medical technology products that enhance clinical benefits, improve patient and provider safety and reduce total procedural costs. Teleflex has a long history of growth from new products, entering new geographical markets, and through acquisitions. We are committed to investing in technology to build our core franchises and distribution channels.
Teleflex seeks opportunities that prolong or improve life for critically ill patients with serious or chronic disease states, such as:
- Heart Disease
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Non-postponeable Surgical Events
- Chronic Incontinence
- Hospital acquired infections
Teleflex sells clinically differentiated products, typically classified as Class I and II by the FDA. Our business units, including related products, are:
- Vascular Access – Central Venous Catheters (CVC); Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters (PICC); Catheter Navigation and Location Technology; Percutaneous Sheath Introducers; Micro-introducers and Arterial Access Products.
- Interventional Access – Hemodialysis Catheters; Declotting Devices; IV Therapy Ports; Angioplasty Balloon Catheters; Paracentisis and Thorancentisis Devices.
- Anesthesia – Laryngeal Masks; Endotracheal Tubes; Tracheostomy; Laryngoscopes; Double Lumen Tubes; Oral and Nasopharyngeal Airways; Epidural Catheters; Peripheral Nerve Blocks; Nerve Stimulators & Neuromuscular Blocking Agent Monitors; Spinal Anesthesia; and Pain Management PCA Pumps.
- Respiratory – Aerosol Delivery; Oxygen Therapy; Humidification; Bacterial/Viral Filtration; Ventilation Supplies; Resuscitation Bags; Incentive Spirometers; and Asthma Management.
- Urology – Foley Balloon Catheters; Intermittent Catheters; Suprapubic Urine Drainage; Urine Collectors; Catheterization Sets; Urethral Dilation; Urodynamics; Ureteral Stents; Ureteral Catheters; Nephrostomy; Devices for Stones; and Guide Wires.
- Surgical – Ligation; Cardio-Thoracic Surgery & Drainage; Suture; Surgical Instruments; Endo-Surgery; Trocars/Ports; Fiberoptic Lighting Systems; Stapling and Laproscopic Closure Devices.
- Cardiac Care - AutoCAT 2 WAVE IABP; FiberOptix IAB Catheter; Conventional IAB Catheters; Thermodilution Catheters / kits; BiPolar Pacing Catheters / kits; Wedge Pressure Catheters; Berman Angiographic; Angioplasty Balloon Catheters; TransRadial Access Kits; and Super ArrowFlex Sheaths.
- Home Care – Tracheostomy and Urology.
- OEM – Extrusions; High-performance, interventional catheters; Custom medical devices; Performance fibers; Specialty sutures; and Bioresorbable resins and yarns.
As Teleflex evaluates acquisition or technology opportunities, we carefully consider whether the opportunity fits with our growth initiatives. The opportunity must support at least one of the initiatives to be considered. Our growth initiatives are:
- Provides the potential to gain market leadership position
- Products have legitimate clinical benefits
- Cost improvement are quantifiable to the provider or clinician
- Products are protected with Intellectual Property
- Leverages current sales force and sales channels
- Applicability to one or more of our strategic geographic areas
- Leverages an existing Teleflex expertise or manufacturing capability