Online Education – Clinical Principles, Quiz and Certificate - View
View the most comprehensive online resource for ARROW® EZ-IO® Vascular Access education, complete a brief quiz and receive a certificate for successful completion.
Science and Fundamentals of Intraosseous Vascular Access
2013 2nd Edition - View
Download the most comprehensive and detailed document describing virtually every practical aspect of intraosseous (IO) access: IO anatomy and physiology, basic and clinical science supporting IO access, insertion sites and techniques, indications, contraindications and warnings, complications, frequently-asked questions…and so much more.
Instructions for Use
Automatically configures to match the movie player in the device from which you are accessing.
- Vignette Series - Access one or all of the brief instructional movies in the following live provider/adult patient scenarios:
- Proximal Humerus Site Identification/Insertion - Cadaveric
- Human Fluoroscopy Video - watch in real time how quickly contrast dye infused via the human proximal humerus enters the right atrium of the heart.
- Humerus Animation Video (Adult) - review a computer generated animation of the steps to correctly identify the proximal humerus insertion site, establish and remove ARROW® EZ-IO® vascular access.
Infant/Child Needle Selection and Insertion Technique Animation Video - Review a computer generated animation of the steps to correctly select the appropriate length needle set in the infant and child, identify the proximal tibia insertion site, demonstration of insertion technique and removal.
- Egg Video - watch as multiple holes are drilled into the same raw egg. The current record is >300 holes in one raw egg if you are using the correct technique. This is an excellent (and inexpensive!) teaching tool to try in your facility.
View | Download
- Distal Femur Site Identification & Insertion Technique – Infant/Child
Clinical Principles PowerPoint Presentation
Download the most current and thorough educational power point covering all the key concepts of IO access including Research, Professional Organization Support, Indications, Contraindications, Site Selection, Site Identification, Preparation, Insertion Technique, Flush, Pain Management, Removal, Assessment/Documentation, Driver Care and Additional Resources!
Key Concepts PowerPoint Presentation
Pain Management Resources
Learn more about use in the conscious /alert patient – What is the pain like? What can you do to mitigate the pain? What is the recommended anesthetic, dose and administration technique to ensure optimal pain relief? Visit the ARROW® EZ-IO® Comfort website for this information and more.
Clinical and Medical Affairs Procedural Cadaver Labs
The procedural lab program is designed to provide the unique opportunity for healthcare providers to understand and practice various procedures utilizing cadaveric specimens, simulation, alternative training materials and didactic information. This experience allows clinicians a hands-on opportunity to practice advanced procedures in a safe, realistic environment.
To find a CMA Procedural Cadaver Lab near you please visit www.teleflexacademy.com/lab.
Download the ARROW® EZ-IO® Intraosseous Vascular Access Device App
This material is not intended to replace standard clinical education and training by Vidacare LLC, a subsidiary of Teleflex, Inc., and should be utilized as an adjunct to more detailed information which is available about the proper use of the product. View educational resources at www.teleflex.com/ezioeducation or contact a Teleflex clinical professional for any detailed questions related to product insertion, maintenance, removal and other clinical education information.
Teleflex, Arrow, EZ-IO and EZ-Stabilizer are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates.
© 2014 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved. MC-000129 Rev 6